26 February 2009

That IS funny

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/02/piratebaywednes.html

"He testified Pirate Bay was the root of the industry's financial woes."

Um, yeah, it has nothing to do with the shit that's out there at all. Nothing at all. Let me think of the last few albums I have downloaded:

Green Day - Best of - $3 DRM free
Metallica - Death Magnetic - $5 DRM free (Death to Napster, huh guys?!?)
Audioslave - We Got the Whip - DRM free, free (Pepsi Points)
David Bowie - I'm Afraid of Americans - DRM free, free (Pepsi Points)
ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man - DRM free, free (Pepsi Points)
Beethoven - 99 Most Essential - $2 DRM free, and yes it is 99 tracks
Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On - DRM free, free for Valentine's Day
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV - DRM free, $10
Nine Inch Nails - The Slip - DRM free, free (I didn't pay a donation, because I had paid for Ghosts and didn't like it much)

So, I think Green Day is the "newest" band on there - 1987, but really hit the scene in 1994. I'm not counting Audioslave, because that is a conglomeration of older bands.